Fundraise for NaNoWriMo
National Novel Writing Month uses Facebook as its participant fundraising platform. We chose it for two reasons:
- If you already use Facebook, set-up is quick and seamless. (AKA, one less service to sign up for!)
- You’ll be able to reach your friends and family where they already are.
If you have any questions about fundraising via Facebook, please contact us via the “Help” link at the bottom of our site.
On NaNoWriMo’s Fundraisers page, click .
- Select a photo by clicking “Edit” in the bottom right of the default photo. Feel free to use any images that we’ve uploaded, or add your own.
- Add a fundraiser title. This can be as simple as “Fundraising for NaNoWriMo,” but personalize as much as you’d like to.
- Add a fundraiser description. Tell your friends and family what you’re doing, and why you’re supporting our organization.
- Set a goal amount. Fundraisers receive donor gifts based on the amount they raise, so you may want to use our existing levels as a guide. Make sure your goal is ambitious but reachable!
- Set an end date. Fundraising works best when you coordinate it with NaNoWriMo events. So, use November 30, April 30, or July 31.
- Click .
How to Keep Fundraising
Plus, follow these suggestions to keep your campaign active.
- Consider making a small donation to your own page. Statistics show that people are more likely to donate when they see others have done the same.
- Click “Share” on your fundraising page to push it out to your News Feed. Be sure to mention why you’re supporting our organization.
- Reach out to close friends and family. These folks are your support group; they’ll love hearing about what you’re doing and may be able to contribute. Share your fundraising page and encourage them to donate or follow.
- Celebrate milestones! Let everybody know when you cross both writing and fundraising milestones. (This is a great way to keep bumping your page without repeating the same message.)
- Know that, no matter how much you raise, we appreciate your efforts. They really do make a difference to NaNoWriMo’s nonprofit programs.
How to Qualify for Donor Gifts
Fundraisers receive donor gifts based on the amount they raise.
After you reach the end date for your fundraiser, fill out this form to register for your donor gifts.
If you have any questions about receiving your donor gifts, please contact us via the “Help” link below. Be sure to include a link to your fundraising page!